Monday, May 7, 2007

Let God Do The Work!!

I was reading about when David brought the ark of the LORD to Jerusalem. (2Samuel 6:1-23) In the first attempt David used his own knowledge. He used a cart pulled by some oxen. In the process Uzzah was killed because he touched the ark. When Uzzah was killed David was afraid and said, "How can the ark of the LORD ever come to me?"

Fear is the same reaction that I have when I am moving forward in what I believe God wants me to do, and get stopped in my tracks. I usually take years to come out of this fear. David only took 3 months. WOW!! Fear makes us pull away from God, but David didn't pull away for too long, and when he told God just how he felt God answered him. He showed him the right way to bring the ark to Jerusalem. David tried to bring the ark to Jerusalem a second time, and this time he did it as Moses said to. No one was killed this time, and the ark got it's own home in the very town that David lived in.

I am trying to learn from David, and tell God exactly how I feel about what is happening in my life.

Another way I am trying to learn from David is to allow God to work out his plan for my life instead of doing it in my own power. This story shows us what happens when we do things in our own power verses God's power. It was when David brought the ark to Jerusalem in God's plan that it worked.

When David was anointed King he didn't take things into his own hands. He waited for God to bring everything to pass. David was even given opportunities to Kill Saul, the king at that time, but David did not take them. I am trying to be better in this respect in my own life. I want to wait on God, and only do what I see him doing through me.

This is not easy for me. I am a planner, and like to know what is coming. God is teaching me to enjoy the moment, and leave the future to him.

No comments: