Wednesday, June 27, 2007

spontaneity

My pastor made a comment the other day that made me laugh. I also had to stop and think about the comment. He said, "I like to plan my spontaneity." I am usually a planner. I had my whole life planned out when I was young. My plans did not happen as I had planned. This was really hard on me. Then I married.

John,my husband, is very spontaneous. He does not like to plan anything. It has made me become more spontaneous.

I have found that being spontaneous has helped me keep my life more balanced. When I am spontaneous I have a chance to live beyond my plans, and enjoy life. Living in the moment has been a struggle for me, and spontaneity helps me to be able to live in the moment.

So yesterday, my daughters were asking me to take them all kinds of places today. I told them that I was planing on being spontaneous today. I had a great day, and it was very stress relieving. I was spontaneous all day. I loved it. I went and helped a friend clean her garage, took my kids to the beach, went kayaking, and went to work. I did not know about work until 15 minutes before I had to leave, so that was spontaneous as well. I have decided that I need to plan spontaneity at times in my life. I was very stressed all week, and this day of spontaneity helped me to unwind.

There are times that we need to plan, but I spend too much time planning, and need to relax and enjoy the moment at times as well. I WILL BE SPONTANEOUS AT TIMES!!!

It was a great day, and I am so glad that I decided to plan to be spontaneous for the day.

No comments: