Thursday, March 29, 2007

Building an alter

When the Israelites built an alter it was not to be cut by man. Just as Israel was not to alow man to cut the stones used in their worship, we are not to try to fix ourselves so we can be more fit for worshiping God. All we have to do is relax and trust that God can fix us.

Lately I have been thinking on this very subject. No matter how we try our problems keep coming back. It was not until I quit trying to fix myself, and just let God fix me that I started getting the help I needed. I see so many people trying to fix themselves through counseling, accountability, and other things. These things only help if that person is willing to accept the fact that they can not do on their own.

Jesus came to fix our problem, SIN!! He is the only answer. Just relax and let him fix you. When we relax and come to the understanding that Jesus' death on the cross truly fixed everything we will be able to overcome a multitude of sin.

No comments: