Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Final Quest

I read the book The Final Quest by Rick Joyner some time ago, and for some reason it comes back to my thoughts several times. It was mentioned in passing by a friend the other day, and I started to think about it again.

When I read it I thought I want to be an Eagle. I want to be one of those who has seen God and then encourage others. I do not want to fight for what I believe. I want to encourage others.

I had a dream about this same time where me and several friends went up to this meeting. One friend meant us there. He opened a door, but did not go through the door with us. In the door was utter darkness. We went through the darkness, and came into a room. In the middle of the room was an apple tree. There was a friend at the tree. One of my friends went to her, and showed her into the corner. I do not know what was in the corner. I saw another friend go to the other side of the room. There was bins with several different types of fruit in them. I followed her. I now believe this was us going to meet with God. God showed us part of who he was. Some of my friends saw different parts of God, but they still saw God.

As I was thinking of The Final Quest today, I came to the conclusion that this is not about a future war, but about the battle that has been waging since the resurrection of Christ. Believers have always fought each other. I pray that more and more believes make it to the throne room so that the battle can stop. I was watching CSI Miami, and a woman told Horacio "My plan is to sit back and watch as the world changes forever." This has become my plan. I want to sit back and watch as God changes the world forever.

"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.' I pray for God's kingdom to come down to Earth more and more. I believe it is already here in each one of us. I want to see it here in ever human who lives on the face of the earth.

No comments: