Friday, March 23, 2007

relationship

I have been thinking about relationships lately. At a bible study the leader talked about having coffee with your neighbors to get to know them, and then some time later starting a bible study in your home. I thought about this, and it is exactly like the approach MLM uses. You get to know people just so you can get them to buy into your company. I do not like this approach at all, and it is not what Jesus did. He loved people, and got to know them because he cared about them. It did not matter if they would eventually kill him or not.

My oldest went to youth group with a friend the other night. I asked her what she thought. She said that she did not agree with all the pastor said. I asked what she did not agree with. She said that he said that they should have many friends so they could build you up. She said that this seemed selfish to her. She does not only want friends to build her up. She wants relationship with her friends, and to build them up as well. She also said that it is hard to maintain friendships, and she does not want to have many friends. She feels that a few good friends is better than a multitude of friends. I agree with her, and think she is not the right track. I am so glad that God has put other adults in her life who agree with her and will also encourage her.

It is important to build up and help our youth. They have a tough life.

No comments: