Monday, January 22, 2007

job

i am reading a chronological view of the bible, so after reading through the tower of Babel i went to job. i have liked job for some time. it is comforting to me. the book tells me that bad things do not always happen as a result of sin in our lives. job's friends tried to tell him that he had sinned, and that is the reason for everything that happened to him. that just is not the case. God even told them to repent of such teaching. job actually held the same teaching. he was angry at God for punishing him with out cause. the conclusion of the book is that God is God. he can do what ever he wants to do.

it is also interesting that we find the devil in heaven several times through the book. i was always taught that sin can not be in heaven, and the devil is nothing but sin. how is he in heaven then? this has often puzzled me. i have come to the conclusion that the original teaching that i have received was wrong. God can have sin in heaven, and he can look on sin. God loved me even when i was a sinner. how can he love me with out looking at me. he loved me in spite of who i was, and how bad i was. God is so good to us.

No comments: